BERLIN (AP) — German police say that a man died and a woman was seriously wounded after a shooting described as a possible “crime of passion” in the western town of Dueren.
A spokesman for Dueren police said an armed response unit was sent to the site Tuesday after reports that a man had entered a hair salon and fired several shots.
Police spokesman Ulrich Braun told The Associated Press that on arrival, officers searched the building complex and found two seriously wounded people. He said that the man died shortly afterward, and the woman was being treated.
Braun said that “it’s believed that this may have been a crime of passion.”
Most Read Stories
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' 'incompetent debacle' of a tie with the Cardinals
- What’s up with these creepy clowns?
- Complete coverage: Seahawks, Cardinals battle to 6-6 tie in NFC West showdown
- Washington state’s plan for megaquake ‘grossly inadequate,’ review finds