BERLIN (AP) — German police say that a man died and a woman was seriously wounded after a shooting described as a possible “crime of passion” in the western town of Dueren.
A spokesman for Dueren police said an armed response unit was sent to the site Tuesday after reports that a man had entered a hair salon and fired several shots.
Police spokesman Ulrich Braun told The Associated Press that on arrival, officers searched the building complex and found two seriously wounded people. He said that the man died shortly afterward, and the woman was being treated.
Braun said that “it’s believed that this may have been a crime of passion.”
Most Read Stories
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Price tag zooms up for light rail across I-90 bridge: $225 million more needed
- Huskies get commitment from Coeur d'Alene 4-star QB Colson Yankoff
- Poutine is the new nachos: where to find the best versions in the Seattle area