BERLIN (AP) — German police say that a man died and a woman was seriously wounded after a shooting described as a possible “crime of passion” in the western town of Dueren.
A spokesman for Dueren police said an armed response unit was sent to the site Tuesday after reports that a man had entered a hair salon and fired several shots.
Police spokesman Ulrich Braun told The Associated Press that on arrival, officers searched the building complex and found two seriously wounded people. He said that the man died shortly afterward, and the woman was being treated.
Braun said that “it’s believed that this may have been a crime of passion.”
Most Read Stories
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Check out the Pike Place Market’s $74M addition: See 360-degree views of the new MarketFront VIEW
- Trump travel ban partly reinstated; fall court arguments set VIEW