Seattle-area spots planning parties around the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Can’t bear to watch William and Kate’s wedding on your own? Some places throwing open the doors for wedding-day viewing parties:
• Sorrento Hotel extends a special price for its afternoon tea — $29 — to Saturday and Sunday, too. 900 Madison St., Seattle; (206-622-6400 or www.opentable.com).
• The George and Dragon pub in Fremont put the royal wedding on the telly starting at 10 a.m. Friday. 206 N. 36th St. (206-545-6864 or www.georgeanddragonpub.com).
• The Market Arms in Ballard is serving mimosas, Pimm’s and cucumber sandwiches. The wedding’s on the telly, too, of course, today. 2401 N.W. Market St.; (www.themarketarms.com).
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
Most Read Stories
As you might expect, the big bash for the region’s royalphiles is at The Fairmont Empress hotel in Victoria, B.C., which offers guests a package of viewing and breakfast, which started at 3 a.m. Friday. Later in the day, a picnic and tea takes over the hotel’s lawn. A $150-per-person “Royal Empress Room Dinner,” served on the same china that Queen Elizabeth used during a visit, is offered each night of the weekend.
Read more about the Victoria celebration in the Times-Colonist newspaper in Victoria, B.C.: www.timescolonist.com.
Seattle Times features staff