Seattle-area spots planning parties around the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Can’t bear to watch William and Kate’s wedding on your own? Some places throwing open the doors for wedding-day viewing parties:
• Sorrento Hotel extends a special price for its afternoon tea — $29 — to Saturday and Sunday, too. 900 Madison St., Seattle; (206-622-6400 or www.opentable.com).
• The George and Dragon pub in Fremont put the royal wedding on the telly starting at 10 a.m. Friday. 206 N. 36th St. (206-545-6864 or www.georgeanddragonpub.com).
• The Market Arms in Ballard is serving mimosas, Pimm’s and cucumber sandwiches. The wedding’s on the telly, too, of course, today. 2401 N.W. Market St.; (www.themarketarms.com).
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
As you might expect, the big bash for the region’s royalphiles is at The Fairmont Empress hotel in Victoria, B.C., which offers guests a package of viewing and breakfast, which started at 3 a.m. Friday. Later in the day, a picnic and tea takes over the hotel’s lawn. A $150-per-person “Royal Empress Room Dinner,” served on the same china that Queen Elizabeth used during a visit, is offered each night of the weekend.
Read more about the Victoria celebration in the Times-Colonist newspaper in Victoria, B.C.: www.timescolonist.com.
Seattle Times features staff