Fit & Fun
Summer is full of walking and running events that raise money for good causes. If you haven’t done one of these yet, you should give it a try. It’s good for the body and soul.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training in Seattle is trying something a bit different with its “Moms In Training” program. The nine-week workout program equips moms for a money-raising 5K run/walk to fight cancer.
Participants are asked to raise at least $500 in pledges by the Women of Wonder 5K Run/Walk on Sept. 7.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
Most Read Stories
The program includes weekly workouts on Saturday mornings at Green Lake and some social events. The optional workouts last about an hour and the first one will be Saturday, July 19. Moms can train with their babies as long as they remain in the stroller.
Despite its name, the program welcomes everyone, not just moms, said Aja Estrada of the group. Find more information at teamintraining.org/wa/moms
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org