Peeps gallery 2012: Seattle Times readers unleash a monster array of confectionary creatures onto an unsuspecting city. This year's gallery includes "Peepzilla," "Aurora Bunnyalis" and "The Pink Elephant Peep Wash."
Lock your doors. Hide your children. Seattle Times readers have unleashed a monster array of pastel Peeps onto the unsuspecting pages of today’s newspeeper. (Er, newspaper.)
Earlier this spring, we asked readers to mold, hot-glue, sew or otherwise smoosh animal-shaped marshmallow treats into creations of their own devising. More than 150 “peeple” complied, posting to our Facebook page pictures of everything from Peepzilla, (submitted by Diane Brace, of Issaquah) to a diorama of the Repeeplican debates and a rendering of Sgt. Peeper’s Chocolate Hearts Club Band.
Browse the accompanying galleries to view these and other confectionary creatures. Then download our free iPhone app to see 2012 favorites — plus highlights of previous years. Find the app by searching Seattle Times Peeps on iTunes.
Lynn Jacobson: 206-464-2714 or email@example.com
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays