Peeps gallery 2012: Seattle Times readers unleash a monster array of confectionary creatures onto an unsuspecting city. This year's gallery includes "Peepzilla," "Aurora Bunnyalis" and "The Pink Elephant Peep Wash."
Lock your doors. Hide your children. Seattle Times readers have unleashed a monster array of pastel Peeps onto the unsuspecting pages of today’s newspeeper. (Er, newspaper.)
Earlier this spring, we asked readers to mold, hot-glue, sew or otherwise smoosh animal-shaped marshmallow treats into creations of their own devising. More than 150 “peeple” complied, posting to our Facebook page pictures of everything from Peepzilla, (submitted by Diane Brace, of Issaquah) to a diorama of the Repeeplican debates and a rendering of Sgt. Peeper’s Chocolate Hearts Club Band.
Browse the accompanying galleries to view these and other confectionary creatures. Then download our free iPhone app to see 2012 favorites — plus highlights of previous years. Find the app by searching Seattle Times Peeps on iTunes.
Lynn Jacobson: 206-464-2714 or email@example.com
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’