Fashion Q&A: A guide to boyfriend jeans and jeggings.
Q: As I recall, boyfriend jackets from the 1980s were long and shapeless. So what are these boyfriend jeans I’m hearing about now? Also long and baggy? And while we’re at it, what on earth are jeggings? How do I wear these things?
A: Take super-stretchy denim, turn it into jeans as skinny as leggings, and what do you get? A hybrid dubbed jeggings.
Jeggings are very trendy. But be warned: They fit so snugly, they reveal every curve and dimple. For the most flattering look, wear your jeggings under a long tunic or short dress, as you would regular leggings.
As for boyfriend jeans, you’re correct on both counts. They are rather long and baggy.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
When they first showed up on celebrities such as Katie Holmes and Eva Longoria a year ago, they were baggy, ripped and long enough to be rolled into cuffs at the ankles. The latest designs are more refined — still long and easy-fitting, but tapered at the ankle.
You can wear them cuffed, but I think they look more chic scrunched at the ankle, cowgirl-style.
Counter the bagginess of the jeans with a fitted top and belt, then add ballet flats — or for a sexier look, high-heel pumps or booties.
Jean Patteson: firstname.lastname@example.org