Goodwill's popular Glitter Sale is Nov. 10-11, 2012, at the Seattle store at 1400 S. Lane St.
The holidays are coming, and soon the pile of invitations will get fat. That can make the special-occasion clothing-and-bling budget seem a little lean. Why not hit the 29th annual Goodwill Glitter Sale?
All year, Goodwill employees cull the best and brightest shoes, bags, jewelry and clothing and hold them for the annual sale. This year, shoppers can find designer, vintage and one-of-a-kind items, including pieces by Burberry, DVF, Jimmy Choo, Betsey Johnson, Coach and Michael Kors. This year’s sale is 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Goodwill, 1400 S. Lane St., Seattle. Admission is free.
If you’d like a little preview of what will be at the sale, go to Goodwill’s blog, Cup of Goodwill. You can sign up to receive blog posts at www.seattlegoodwill.org/blog.
All the sales from the Glitter Sale benefit Goodwill’s job training and education programs. Last year more than 2,600 people attended the Glitter Sale, and proceeds totaled more than $187,000.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
Melissa Davis, Weekend Plus editor