Michelle Obama says she won't wear shorts on Air Force One again because the one time she did, it created "a huge stink."
Michelle Obama says she won’t wear shorts on Air Force One again because the one time she did, it created “a huge stink.”
Treated worldwide as a style icon, the first lady addressed the issue during a taped appearance broadcast Tuesday on BET’s “106 and Park.”
Mrs. Obama was asked about her biggest fashion regret. She said she’s always happy with her outfits but that, quote, “sometimes I forget I’m the first lady and I’m running around in shorts.”
She recalled her family’s first White House vacation, to the Grand Canyon in August 2009.
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
- TCU QB Trevone Boykin among Seahawks' undrafted free agent signings
- Seahawks bolster key areas of need on Day 3 of NFL draft
- Bellevue High principal leaves school amid scrutiny of football program
- Mother-in-law units are key to housing affordability
Most Read Stories
Mrs. Obama said her wearing shorts getting off the plane “created a huge stink because people were like, ‘she’s wearing shorts getting off of Air Force One.'”
She said her thought was “we’re on vacation.”