Design ideas and how-to tips for reviving old furniture with new upholstery and painting small rooms with dark colors.
This week’s picks to click for design ideas and projects:
• Alicia B. Designs (www.aliciabdesigns.blogspot.com and search for “dark rooms”) posts a collection of beautiful images that makes a strong case for painting dark colors in rooms, especially those that lack a lot of square footage.
• On Bossy Blog (bossycolorblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/reupholstering-is-expensive.html), Annie Elliott offers an informative post on the good, bad and ugly of re-covering furniture, with important questions to ask yourself before making the investment.
Compiled by Terri Sapienza, The Washington Post
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving