Fit & Fun
Canopy Climbers will kick off its third tree-climbing season with an “open” climb on Sunday, April 27, two days after National Arbor Day.
The monthly climbing event begins at noon and should run until 5 p.m. at “Her Majesty,” a big red oak in the Northeast corner of Capitol Hill’s Volunteer Park.
Climbers will be fitted with harnesses and helmets and taught how to ascend to 60 feet in the tree. Cost is $25 per climber for one hour.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
The company offers monthly “open” climbs and private group or individual guided climbs in Seattle through November. Owner Dave Bayard is a professional arborist with a goal of spurring stewardship.
For information about Canopy Climbers or to schedule a climb, go to canopyclimber.com.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org