Fit & Fun
Canopy Climbers will kick off its third tree-climbing season with an “open” climb on Sunday, April 27, two days after National Arbor Day.
The monthly climbing event begins at noon and should run until 5 p.m. at “Her Majesty,” a big red oak in the Northeast corner of Capitol Hill’s Volunteer Park.
Climbers will be fitted with harnesses and helmets and taught how to ascend to 60 feet in the tree. Cost is $25 per climber for one hour.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
The company offers monthly “open” climbs and private group or individual guided climbs in Seattle through November. Owner Dave Bayard is a professional arborist with a goal of spurring stewardship.
For information about Canopy Climbers or to schedule a climb, go to canopyclimber.com.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com