Two trademarks of 1950s America, classic cars and the old-fashioned soda joint, will be on display Sunday in Issaquah for the world's largest Tri-5 Chevy Show. at the XXX Root Beer Drive-in.
Two trademarks of 1950s America, classic cars and the old-fashioned soda joint, will be on display Sunday in Issaquah for the world’s largest Tri-5 Chevy Show.
The classic Chevrolet cars, trucks and Corvettes, all from 1955-57, will be parked at the XXX Root Beer Drive-in, where a disc jockey will spin tunes popular during the 1950s and 1960s.
The show, celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, is free to spectators. Those who want to display their classic Chevys can preregister at www.nwccc.net for $10 ($20 if you sign up the day of the show).
If they get weary from perusing the classic autos, people can get a quick tuneup at the Drive-in, which features car-themed menu items like the “Incredible” Super Charger, a foot-long chili dog with fries.
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Piece of Flight MH370 might finally have surfaced
Most Read Stories
Blythe Lawrence, Seattle Times staff