Ask Carley: Will wedding photos be ruined by bridesmaids' shoes?
Q: My mom insists that all my bridesmaids wear the same style of shoes. She thinks if they don’t, pictures will look awful. But I don’t want the girls to have to deal with the hassle. Is my mom right?
A: Good for you for trying to make things easier on your bridesmaids. Your photos won’t be ruined if your bridesmaids pick their own shoes, but if the dresses are short, sticking to one color will at least keep things looking uniform.
It’s totally fine to let the girls choose their own styles. We suggest giving them some other general guidelines, too, like all open-toe sandals or all closed-toe, pump-like styles.
Carley Roney, co-founder and editor in chief of The Knot, offers advice on modern wedding etiquette.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?