Ask Carley: Will wedding photos be ruined by bridesmaids' shoes?
Q: My mom insists that all my bridesmaids wear the same style of shoes. She thinks if they don’t, pictures will look awful. But I don’t want the girls to have to deal with the hassle. Is my mom right?
A: Good for you for trying to make things easier on your bridesmaids. Your photos won’t be ruined if your bridesmaids pick their own shoes, but if the dresses are short, sticking to one color will at least keep things looking uniform.
It’s totally fine to let the girls choose their own styles. We suggest giving them some other general guidelines, too, like all open-toe sandals or all closed-toe, pump-like styles.
Carley Roney, co-founder and editor in chief of The Knot, offers advice on modern wedding etiquette.
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach