Ask Carley: Will wedding photos be ruined by bridesmaids' shoes?
Q: My mom insists that all my bridesmaids wear the same style of shoes. She thinks if they don’t, pictures will look awful. But I don’t want the girls to have to deal with the hassle. Is my mom right?
A: Good for you for trying to make things easier on your bridesmaids. Your photos won’t be ruined if your bridesmaids pick their own shoes, but if the dresses are short, sticking to one color will at least keep things looking uniform.
It’s totally fine to let the girls choose their own styles. We suggest giving them some other general guidelines, too, like all open-toe sandals or all closed-toe, pump-like styles.
Carley Roney, co-founder and editor in chief of The Knot, offers advice on modern wedding etiquette.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Walkoff magic! Leonys Martin’s dramatic homer in ninth lifts Mariners