Ask Carley: Will wedding photos be ruined by bridesmaids' shoes?
Q: My mom insists that all my bridesmaids wear the same style of shoes. She thinks if they don’t, pictures will look awful. But I don’t want the girls to have to deal with the hassle. Is my mom right?
A: Good for you for trying to make things easier on your bridesmaids. Your photos won’t be ruined if your bridesmaids pick their own shoes, but if the dresses are short, sticking to one color will at least keep things looking uniform.
It’s totally fine to let the girls choose their own styles. We suggest giving them some other general guidelines, too, like all open-toe sandals or all closed-toe, pump-like styles.
Carley Roney, co-founder and editor in chief of The Knot, offers advice on modern wedding etiquette.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says