A weekly list of classes, activities and other events.
For Dec. 27-Jan. 2
Most Read Stories
- For $750, Seattle’s newest apartment is the size of a parking space
- Light snowfall expected in Seattle tonight; Snohomish County could see more
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Live updates on Seattle-area snowfall: Schools delayed, canceled as snow turns to rain VIEW
- Buzzfeed comes to Seattle, eats salmon and is dumbfounded by trees and mountains WATCH
Games with Joy
Wed Bingo for grab-bag prizes, 12:45 p.m., Wallingford Community Senior Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N., Seattle, free. 206-461-7825.
Ongoing “Golden Pets for Golden Years” is a Seattle Animal Shelter program that matches Gold/FLASH Card holders with a dog or cat age six years or older, free of charge, with a 50 percent discount on a pet license. Seattle residents over 60 are eligible for the Gold Card for Healthy Aging and adults with disabilities are eligible for FLASH cards. Card information: 206-684-0500. Pet adoption: 206-386-PETS (7387) and www.seattleanimalshelter.org
Vitamins and memory study
Ongoing University of Washington seeks volunteers with Alzheimer’s for an 18-month study of an investigational high-dose supplement of vitamins to see if they can help slow the progression of the disease. Information: 206-764-2069.
Cholesterol and memory study
Ongoing University of Washington seeks volunteers with Alzheimer’s for a 20-month study to see if a cholesterol-lowering drug can help slow the progression of the disease. Information: 206-764-2069.
After the caring
Tomorrow Moving beyond caregiver roles, 1 p.m. tomorrow, Jan. 25 and Feb. 22, WSU Extension, McCollum Park, 600 128th St. S.E., Everett, free. 425-338-2400, ext. 5501.
Submit listings three weeks in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Calendar, P.O. Box 1845, Seattle, WA 98111