A weekly list of classes, activities and other events.
For Dec. 27-Jan. 2
Most Read Stories
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims
- Seahawk legend Cortez Kennedy dead at 48
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat
Games with Joy
Wed Bingo for grab-bag prizes, 12:45 p.m., Wallingford Community Senior Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N., Seattle, free. 206-461-7825.
Ongoing “Golden Pets for Golden Years” is a Seattle Animal Shelter program that matches Gold/FLASH Card holders with a dog or cat age six years or older, free of charge, with a 50 percent discount on a pet license. Seattle residents over 60 are eligible for the Gold Card for Healthy Aging and adults with disabilities are eligible for FLASH cards. Card information: 206-684-0500. Pet adoption: 206-386-PETS (7387) and www.seattleanimalshelter.org
Vitamins and memory study
Ongoing University of Washington seeks volunteers with Alzheimer’s for an 18-month study of an investigational high-dose supplement of vitamins to see if they can help slow the progression of the disease. Information: 206-764-2069.
Cholesterol and memory study
Ongoing University of Washington seeks volunteers with Alzheimer’s for a 20-month study to see if a cholesterol-lowering drug can help slow the progression of the disease. Information: 206-764-2069.
After the caring
Tomorrow Moving beyond caregiver roles, 1 p.m. tomorrow, Jan. 25 and Feb. 22, WSU Extension, McCollum Park, 600 128th St. S.E., Everett, free. 425-338-2400, ext. 5501.
Submit listings three weeks in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Calendar, P.O. Box 1845, Seattle, WA 98111