Snohomish County's four-legged arson investigator has received nearly $10,000 from Wells Fargo Insurance Services and Fireman's Fund Insurance Company.
Snohomish County’s four-legged arson investigator has received nearly $10,000 from Wells Fargo Insurance Services and Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company.
The money will go to maintain the training and living expenses for Topper, the county’s arson dog. The grant will pay for Topper’s vet bills, food, training aids and certification.
“Topper is an amazing tool for fire investigations in Snohomish County,” said County Fire Marshal Michael McCrary. “It is very expensive for a department to have an arson dog so donations like this help ensure Topper will be part of our tieam for many years to come.”
Topper is one of only four arson dogs in the state.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
- Tenants of run-down building: Owner said pay more or get out
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Woman held on $1 million bail in death of West Seattle toddler