Here are answers to the quiz: Close to home 1. B (Clarkston). 2. D (Port Renfrew). 3. A (5,575-foot Sherman Pass on State Route 20). 4. B (La Push). 5. B...
Here are answers to the quiz:
Close to home
1. B (Clarkston).
2. D (Port Renfrew).
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
3. A (5,575-foot Sherman Pass on State Route 20).
4. B (La Push).
5. B (The People’s Coast. State law guarantees public access to ocean beaches.)
6. C (14 — there are many more on its tributaries).
7. A (0).
8. B (Gem State).
9. A (Asotin).
10. A (Oregon’s Crater Lake. At 1,943 feet, it’s the nation’s deepest.)
True or false
1. False. (Libya lies between Egypt and Algeria.)
2. False. (Albany is the capital.)
4. False. (It’s Brasilia.)
6. True. (Spain, Portugal and Andorra. Gibraltar, at the tip of Spain, is a British territory.)
7. False. (Peru and Bolivia.)
8. False. (It’s a nickname for New Zealanders.)
9. True (in terms of annual passenger numbers.)
10. True. (The 20,320-foot peak is in Denali National Park in Alaska.)
So many choices
1. A (California).
2. C (Maui).
3. All of them.
4. C (Nine).
5. A (One).
6. B (Wrangell-St. Elias National Park in Alaska with 13.2 million acres).
7. D (Yukon, Northwest and Nunavut).
8. D (Nicaragua).
9. C (Lhasa).
10. D (17,500, but less than half inhabited).
What’s the city?
1. Sydney, Australia (with its iconic opera house).
2. Dubai (with its 2,716-foot Burj Khalifa Tower).
3. Shanghai, China.
Name the peaks
4. Mount Adams.
5. Torres del Paine peaks (and national park) in Chile’s Patagonia.
6. The 28,251-foot K2 on the Pakistan-China border is second in height to Everest. (The K2 ski company was founded on Vashon Island.)
What’s the waterfall?
7. Yosemite Falls in Yosemite National Park, Calif.
8. Victoria Falls in southern Africa, on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe.
9. The 620-foot Multnomah Falls, near Troutdale, Ore.
Name the squares
10. London’s Trafalgar Square (with Nelson’s Column) commemorates Admiral Nelson’s victory at the 1805 Battle of Trafalgar.
11. Piazza della Rotonda as seen from the Pantheon, a Rome monument.
12. Tahrir Square in Cairo, Egypt.