The Mosel tourist hub of Cochem is about 90 minutes by car and two hours by train from Frankfurt. From here, it's easy to visit the main towns on a day cruise...
The Mosel tourist hub of Cochem is about 90 minutes by car and two hours by train from Frankfurt. From here, it’s easy to visit the main towns on a day cruise, rent a bike or explore by car. Bridges link villages on both sides of the river, and it’s possible to cross at Beilstein or Poltersdorf by ferry.
For information, contact the German National Tourist Board, 212-661-7200 (www.germany-tourism.de). See also www.ricksteves.com/plan/countries/herald/01mosel.htm. In the Mosel, visit the tourist office in Cochem at Enderplatz 1 at the entrance to the town center.
Rates at the Haus Lipmann at Marketplatz 3 in Beilstein are 85 euros (about $96 based on current exchange rates) for a double and 75 euros ($85) for a single, including breakfast. Five rooms, some with river views. Reservations: 011-49-2673-1573 or www.hotel-haus-lipmann.de.
Weingut Franz Josef Weis, Notenau 30, Zell, is open for public tastings. Tours by appointment. Phone: 011-49-6542-5789.
Most Read Stories
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
- Best way to slow aging? Exercise, but not just any kind
- Richard Branson celebrates Virgin Atlantic’s entry to Seattle market, tears into Alaska Air