Sedona is 119 miles north of Phoenix. High temperatures range from the mid-50s in winter to the low 90s in summer. The Red Rock Passes you'll need to park in...
Details: Sedona is 119 miles north of Phoenix. High temperatures range from the mid-50s in winter to the low 90s in summer. The Red Rock Passes you’ll need to park in National Forest areas around town can be purchased at various Gateway Visitor Centers, 928-282-4119. Daily passes are $5, weekly passes $15 and yearly passes $20.
Arts/Shopping: Tlaquepaque, the city’s best known collection of galleries and shops, is located on Highway 179 at “The Bridge” in a Spanish-colonial-style setting. More information is available at 928-282-4838 or at www.tlaquepaque.net.
A number of Jeep tour companies operate in Sedona’s red rock country, each marked by different-shaded Jeeps. Here’s a short listing:
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
- Boeing’s budget ax falls on popular gym for employees
Pink Jeep Tours, 800-873-3662, www.pinkjeep.com
A Day in the West, 800-9-SEDONA, www.adayinthewest.com,
Sedona Red Rock Jeep Tours, 800-848-7728, www.redrockjeep.com
Arizona Safari Jeep Tours, 928-284-2868, www.safarijeeptours.com
Earth Wisdom Jeep Tours, 800-482-4714, www.earthwisdomtours.com
Adventure Company Jeep Tours, 877-281-6622, www.sedonajeeptours.com
Hummer Tours, 928-282-6656, www.hummeraffair.com
Tuzigoot National Monument, maintained by the National Park Service, is about 20 miles southeast of Sedona off U.S. Alt. 89. For more information, call 928-634-5564 or see www.nps.gov/tuzi. Farther along U.S. Alt. 89 is the mining town of Jerome, a national historic landmark that once dwindled to near-ghost town and is now a thriving artists’ colony.