When summer temperatures soar in Arizona’s Valley of the Sun — the Phoenix and Scottsdale area — you can nail some of the coolest hotel deals, usually from about June 1 to Sept. 1.
Arizona hotels drop their rates sharply to lure guests when temperatures routinely top 100 degrees. If you’re looking simply for a luxury hotel stay and lazing by the pool, rather than sightseeing, it could be a good time to go.
Some summer deals are already showing up on tourism and hotel websites and Facebook pages. Just be sure to ask about extra charges, such as daily resort fees, parking and Internet access, so you know the whole price. A sampling of summer hotel discounts:
• The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is offering its 25th Anniversary Early Bird Summer Special, a $125 room rate with a $25 food and beverage credit for summer stays between Memorial Day Monday and Labor Day Monday. See the package under “Special Offers” on the hotel website; must book by April 30. Check out its Well & Being at Willow Stream spa for additional seasonal deals. scottsdaleprincess.com
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
Most Read Stories
• The Boulders, a Waldorf Astoria resort in the Phoenix suburb of Carefree, is offering a variety of Grown Up Getaway packages beginning in mid-June with rates as low as $119 a night. That’s more than 70 percent off winter rates. theboulders.com
• Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale is where you’ll find some June-August rates dropping as low as $139 a night for a room that commands $519 in peak season. Check for summer spa deals as well. The resort’s year-round Experience More package gives you an incentive to stay longer with a $100 credit for every two paid consecutive nights. fourseasons.com/scottsdale
• Kimpton’s Hotel Palomar Phoenix, in downtown Phoenix, and its FireSky Resort & Spa, in Scottsdale, each offer a “$102 and a Round of Brew” package. Valid June 1-Sept. 8, the package is $102 for a room (compared to peak season’s $350) and includes a welcome round of local beers. Use rate code BREW when booking. kimptonhotels.com
Finding more deals
The Greater Phoenix Convention & Visitors Bureau website, VisitPhoenix.com, has a link to hotel “special offers” and adds a seasonal “Hot dates, Hot rates” link for summer-specific hotel deals. Discount hotel rates also can be found at thehotsheetblog.com
The Scottsdale Convention & Visitors Bureau website, experiencescottsdale.com, lists accommodations and will provide seasonal hotel-discount information.
For hotel deals throughout Arizona, see the state’s tourism office link: arizonaguide.com/travel-deals-packages/seasonal-specials.