The Hike & Seek event at Seattle's Seward Park Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012, is a fundraiser for the National Wildlife Federation that combines a nature hike with a scavenger hunt to inspire children's sense of adventure.
Fit & Fun |
Seattle’s Seward Park will host the third annual Hike & Seek event Saturday.
The fundraising event is sponsored by the National Wildlife Federation and aims to inspire children’s sense of adventure by combining a nature hike with a scavenger hunt.
The 2.4-mile go-at-your-own-pace hike has interactive “Stop & Study” nature stations with fun learning activities. Participants are given a guidebook to direct their path and will receive an honorary junior naturalist badge at the end of the hike.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
The event, at 5902 Lake Washington Blvd., Seattle, will take about two hours and is appropriate for toddlers to 10-year-olds.
Check-in and registration begins at 9 a.m. Registration can be done on-site. Discounts are available in advance online at www.hikeandseek.org
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com.