ANAHEIM, Calif. — Disneyland’s Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage will close for a refurbishment that won’t be complete until late 2014.
The underwater ride that circles a lagoon will close on Jan. 6. About 5 million gallons of water will be drained, then workers will make improvements to the attraction.
The Orange County Register reports the water will go into the local groundwater aquifer after it is treated.
The original Submarine Voyage debuted in 1959 and was inspired by the first nuclear-powered submarine voyage to the North Pole the year before.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
Most Read Stories
The attraction was closed in 1998, and reopened in 2007 with a theme based on Pixar’s “Finding Nemo” animated movie.