A new hostel in opening in Whistler for low-cost summer and winter getaways at the B.C. ski resort.
Want a budget getaway to Whistler? A new hostel is opening July 1 at the B.C. resort.
Part of the Hostelling International network, the new hostel holds 188 people in dormitory-style four-person rooms or in 14 private rooms. There’s a large kitchen for guests to use; a TV room and games room; bike, snowboard and ski storage; an on-site cafe; and free Wi-Fi.
Rates begin at about $28 ($30 Cnd.) per person for a shared room and about $92 ($99 Cdn.) per room for a private room (with bathroom) for a couple or family.
The hostel, which housed athletes during the Winter Olympics in February, is about four miles south of Whistler Village in the Cheakamus Crossing area. It replaces a small 25-bed hostel that will close.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
Buses run from the hostel to Whistler Village, which in summer offers scenic lift rides, hiking, biking and music festivals and winter skiing on 38 lifts and more than 200 trails.
Information and reservations: www.hihostels.ca/newwhistlerhostel.
Tourism Whistler: www.whistler.com
Kristin Jackson, Seattle Times staff