After passengers on a shore excursion were robbed, Carnival has halted Puerto Vallarta nature excursions.
MEXICO CITY — Carnival Cruise Lines says it is suspending on-shore nature excursions in the Mexican resort of Puerto Vallarta after 22 cruise passengers were robbed on their bus during a tour last week near the coastal city.
The city’s public safety secretary says hooded attackers intercepted the bus in the town of El Nogalito. It says no one was injured in the Thursday night incident but the tourists’ possessions were taken.
A Carnival statement says it has suspended the Puerto Vallarta nature tour until further notice.
The company also says it is working with the passengers from the Carnival Splendor to reimburse them for lost valuables and help them replace documents taken.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam