If you’ve seen the Oscar-nominated film “The Artist,” you’re acquainted with Uggie, the Jack Russell Terrier who accompanies silent film star George Valentin (Jean Dujardin) in almost every scene. His performance this year, along with two others by four-legged stars in “Hugo” and “Beginners,” prompted film critic Moira Macdonald to take a look back at some of the top dogs of cinema.
Which canine legends come to mind? Here’s just one:
Below, Toto, played by Terry, arrives in the Land of Oz in the arms of his best friend Dorothy (Judy Garland) in the 1939 classic “The Wizard of Oz.”
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest