Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Turn the top fourth of bread dough over onto itself so the top of the loaf is thicker than the bottom. Using a...
– 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed but still cold
– ½ cup grated cheese (or to taste)
– ¼ cup pizza sauce (or to taste)
– ¼ cup pizza toppings, such as pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onions, mushrooms, etc.
– 1 egg, beaten
– Two olive slices
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Turn the top fourth of bread dough over onto itself so the top of the loaf is thicker than the bottom. Using a little flour, roll and stretch out dough into a rounded pyramid shape on a large cookie sheet. Rolled dough should be about the same thickness as pizza dough. Cut slits all around the outside (see graphic). Layer the sauce, toppings and cheese in the middle as desired.
Most Read Stories
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- Complete coverage: Seahawks, Cardinals battle to 6-6 tie in NFC West showdown
- Kremlin: demands for Assad's departure "thoughtless"
- Huskies rise to No. 4 in AP poll, open as an 11-point favorite vs. No. 17 Utah
- Chelsea Clinton decries ‘the Trump effect’ in Seattle visit
3. At the wide end of the pyramid, lift up the large triangle and tuck the edges behind, rounding them to form the head. Press in two olive slices for eyes.
4. Weave the cut strips over the toppings, one at a time, covering the ends with the last strip to hold them in place.
5. Fold the two slits on the narrow bottom into the middle and roll the whole piece up, tucking it under the last woven strip. Press it down firmly to keep it from coming unrolled.
6. Brush the mummy with egg and let it rise for 15 minutes. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
From Rhodes Bread.