Mission Ridge could open Friday or sometime this weekend.
The White Pass Ski Area will open Saturday, and becomes the fourth Cascade destination area to open for winter operations.
“We picked up six inches of snow (through Wednesday), which gives us the confidence to open Great White Express,” said Kathleen Goyette, the White Pass Ski Area marketing director. “We will be adding lifts if we get more snow, and at this point we plan on operating daily (from 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.) conditions permitting.”
The White Pass Ski Area has a base of 16 inches and 33 inches on the summit.
Another series of weather systems are expected to bring light to moderate snowfall mainly to the northern Cascades in the days ahead.
Most Read Stories
- Snow is on way to Western Washington lowlands, weather service says
- FAA orders Boeing 787 safety fix: Reboot power once in a while
- Facebook set to double Seattle presence with another big new office
- UW game day: No. 4 Huskies vs. No. 9 Colorado in Pac-12 championship
- Fed up with Seattle? Here's where you can go
Other areas currently open include the Mount Baker Ski Area, Crystal Mountain Resort and Stevens Pass Resort, which are all operating daily with good snow depth coverage from top to bottom.
The Mission Ridge Ski & Board Resort could open Friday or sometime this weekend depending on snow conditions.
In Eastern Washington, Mount Spokane Ski and Snowboard Park and 49 Degrees North Mountain Resort will both open Friday.