Mission Ridge could open Friday or sometime this weekend.
The White Pass Ski Area will open Saturday, and becomes the fourth Cascade destination area to open for winter operations.
“We picked up six inches of snow (through Wednesday), which gives us the confidence to open Great White Express,” said Kathleen Goyette, the White Pass Ski Area marketing director. “We will be adding lifts if we get more snow, and at this point we plan on operating daily (from 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.) conditions permitting.”
The White Pass Ski Area has a base of 16 inches and 33 inches on the summit.
Another series of weather systems are expected to bring light to moderate snowfall mainly to the northern Cascades in the days ahead.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
- Boeing’s budget ax falls on popular gym for employees
Other areas currently open include the Mount Baker Ski Area, Crystal Mountain Resort and Stevens Pass Resort, which are all operating daily with good snow depth coverage from top to bottom.
The Mission Ridge Ski & Board Resort could open Friday or sometime this weekend depending on snow conditions.
In Eastern Washington, Mount Spokane Ski and Snowboard Park and 49 Degrees North Mountain Resort will both open Friday.