Mission Ridge could open Friday or sometime this weekend.
The White Pass Ski Area will open Saturday, and becomes the fourth Cascade destination area to open for winter operations.
“We picked up six inches of snow (through Wednesday), which gives us the confidence to open Great White Express,” said Kathleen Goyette, the White Pass Ski Area marketing director. “We will be adding lifts if we get more snow, and at this point we plan on operating daily (from 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.) conditions permitting.”
The White Pass Ski Area has a base of 16 inches and 33 inches on the summit.
Another series of weather systems are expected to bring light to moderate snowfall mainly to the northern Cascades in the days ahead.
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
Other areas currently open include the Mount Baker Ski Area, Crystal Mountain Resort and Stevens Pass Resort, which are all operating daily with good snow depth coverage from top to bottom.
The Mission Ridge Ski & Board Resort could open Friday or sometime this weekend depending on snow conditions.
In Eastern Washington, Mount Spokane Ski and Snowboard Park and 49 Degrees North Mountain Resort will both open Friday.