Natura Pet Products is voluntarily recalling specific lots of dry pet food because it could be contaminated with salmonella, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The products include:
• Innova Dry dog and cat food and biscuits/bars/treats
• EVO dry dog, cat and ferret food and biscuits/bars/treats All Lot Codes
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
• California Natural dry dog and cat foods and biscuits/bars/treats
• Healthwise dry dog and cat foods
• Karma dry dog foods All Lot Codes,
• Mother Nature biscuits/bars/treats
All lot codes, UPCs and all package sizes are affected. All packages with expiration dates before June 10, 2014 are included in the recall.
The products were sold in bags through veterinary clinics, pet-specialty retailers and online in the United States and Canada. No canned wet food is affected, according to the FDA.
Salmonella can affect animals eating the products, and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products.
For more information, please read here.