Nestlé Purina PetCare is voluntarily recalling a limited number of 3.5-pound bags of Purina One Beyond because of potential salmonella contamination, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The bags involved in the recall — Purina One Beyond Our White Meat Chicken and Whole Barley Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food — were from one production run and shipped to retail customers in the United States.
The bags have a best-by date of October 2014. The production code is 31071083; the UPC Code is 17800 12679.
Salmonella can sicken animals that eat the product, and there is a risk to humans from handling contaminated products, according to the FDA.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
Most Read Stories
For more information, please read here.