Nestlé Purina PetCare is voluntarily recalling a limited number of 3.5-pound bags of Purina One Beyond because of potential salmonella contamination, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The bags involved in the recall — Purina One Beyond Our White Meat Chicken and Whole Barley Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food — were from one production run and shipped to retail customers in the United States.
The bags have a best-by date of October 2014. The production code is 31071083; the UPC Code is 17800 12679.
Salmonella can sicken animals that eat the product, and there is a risk to humans from handling contaminated products, according to the FDA.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
For more information, please read here.