Nestlé Purina PetCare is voluntarily recalling a limited number of 3.5-pound bags of Purina One Beyond because of potential salmonella contamination, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The bags involved in the recall — Purina One Beyond Our White Meat Chicken and Whole Barley Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food — were from one production run and shipped to retail customers in the United States.
The bags have a best-by date of October 2014. The production code is 31071083; the UPC Code is 17800 12679.
Salmonella can sicken animals that eat the product, and there is a risk to humans from handling contaminated products, according to the FDA.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
Most Read Stories
For more information, please read here.