Nestlé Purina PetCare is voluntarily recalling a limited number of 3.5-pound bags of Purina One Beyond because of potential salmonella contamination, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The bags involved in the recall — Purina One Beyond Our White Meat Chicken and Whole Barley Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food — were from one production run and shipped to retail customers in the United States.
The bags have a best-by date of October 2014. The production code is 31071083; the UPC Code is 17800 12679.
Salmonella can sicken animals that eat the product, and there is a risk to humans from handling contaminated products, according to the FDA.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Seahawks’ third exhibition game may be a dress rehearsal, but it does have significance
Most Read Stories
For more information, please read here.