Nestlé Purina PetCare is voluntarily recalling a limited number of 3.5-pound bags of Purina One Beyond because of potential salmonella contamination, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The bags involved in the recall — Purina One Beyond Our White Meat Chicken and Whole Barley Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food — were from one production run and shipped to retail customers in the United States.
The bags have a best-by date of October 2014. The production code is 31071083; the UPC Code is 17800 12679.
Salmonella can sicken animals that eat the product, and there is a risk to humans from handling contaminated products, according to the FDA.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
For more information, please read here.