I am fascinated by the mom purse. It's like a magical Mary Poppins bag where the treats never end: Snacks. Stickers. Sunscreen. (This edition of Psst...
I am fascinated by the mom purse. It’s like a magical Mary Poppins bag where the treats never end: Snacks. Stickers. Sunscreen. (This edition of Psst! is brought to you by the letter “S.”)
But sometimes, things that are not like the other, and just don’t belong — and don’t even start with the letter “S” — invade the mom purse. Like a hastily stashed diaper or a packet of wipes. This upsets the balance of the mom purse.
Which is why I love the idea of Diapees & Wipees — a stylish diaper pouch created by an enterprising (and fashionable) Texas mom.
“Like other moms, I don’t always need the whole diaper bag. I was throwing diapers in my handbag and they would get wadded up and scrunched,” says company founder Christie Rein. “One day, I got a new handbag, and I was like, ‘I am not putting this in my purse.’ “
Most Read Stories
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- Boeing seeks quick legal fix to stop Bombardier
- Seattle’s real Spider Man sets us straight: They’re not out to get you VIEW
- UW cornerback Byron Murphy expected to miss 6 weeks with a broken foot
Diapees & Wipees ($15, www.diapeesandwipees.com) hold two to four diapers and a travel pack of wipes. They are available in a variety of styles suitable for both moms and dads.
Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or firstname.lastname@example.org