Black is the new black at butter LONDON nail salon, where all the fashionable and slightly British girls are wearing Union Jack Black on...
Black is the new black at butter LONDON nail salon, where all the fashionable and slightly British girls are wearing Union Jack Black on their fingers and toes. Why not? It’s for a good cause.
London-based celebrity nail artist Nonie Creme created the brand new black nail color; proceeds from each bottle will benefit the Abused Deaf Women Advocacy Service.
“People say, ‘It’s too crazy, it’s too gothic.’ Well, no, actually, it’s like the same as a pair of shiny, immaculate black shoes, the perfect little black nail,” Creme says. “I would encourage people to think of Coco Chanel as opposed to Morticia Addams.”
butter LONDON’s flagship store (206-547-2311) opens Saturday on the third floor of Westlake Center — next to the Monorail — where quick-but-quality waterless manis and pedis are delivered via a backdrop of young and cool Britannia.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sips a 'Nuke Waste' during low-key visit to Kitsap
“We kind of feel like Kate Moss London rather than the Queen’s London,” says co-founder Sasha Muir, “if you know what I mean.”
Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or email@example.com