A weekly listing of benefits and other special events.
Jingle Bell Run
TODAY The Jingle Bell Run benefits the Arthritis Foundation and includes a 5K run/walk, 1K children’s run, costume contest and post-event bash, 8 a.m. registration, Westlake Center, 400 Pine St., Seattle; $10-$35 (206-547-2707 or www.seattlejinglebellrun.org)
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Let’s get something straight: Pedestrians always have the right of way at intersections
- Seattle City Council picks Tim Burgess to replace Bruce Harrell as temporary mayor VIEW
TODAY Benefit for the Hope Chest and its work to supply household items and furniture to deserving families, featuring the vocal group Seattle Mix performing holiday songs, 3 p.m., The Lakeshore, 11448 Rainier Ave., Seattle; free, donations accepted (206-772-1200)
SAT-DEC 17, 23-24 Benefit for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, includes a full breakfast, Nutcracker ballet dancers, Santa and more, pre-registration required. 9:30-11 a.m., Sheraton Hotel, 1400 Sixth Ave., Seattle, $25-$50 (206-667-6264 or www.fhcrc.org)
Secret Santa toy drive
THROUGH DEC 17 New and unwrapped toys, games and children’s books are accepted for donation to needy area youth. Seattle area Sleep Country locations, (888-88-SLEEP or www.sleepcountry.com)
Calendar items can be faxed, 206-464-2239, mailed to Christopher Taylor, Benefits Calendar, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is three weeks before publication.