Got holiday guests coming in from Amarillo or Alabama? Then you've probably already cleared out the guest room, put fresh linens on the...
Got holiday guests coming in from Amarillo or Alabama? Then you’ve probably already cleared out the guest room, put fresh linens on the bed and made some room in the closet. But to make sure your guests feel totally comfortable in their temporary digs, you might want to provide a few extras.
A small basket of necessary items will ensure that your guests won’t go without — and, with luck, you’ll keep them from searching through your cabinets to find what they need. Though your great-aunt Mitzi will probably do that, anyway.
Here’s a checklist of things you might want to provide. Arrange them in a basket, and leave it on the nightstand:
• Travel-size bottles of shampoo and conditioner
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier is not unusual
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?
• Hand lotion
• A mini manicure kit (or an emery board and nail scissors)
• Extra toothbrush and travel-size toothpaste
• Pen and paper
• A few wrapped snacks — cookies, pretzels, granola bars — and some fresh fruit, to quell late-night cravings
• Bottled water
• A small bottle of Advil or other pain reliever
• A couple of books (short stories are easy to dip into) or a current magazine