These critters turn into stereo speakers when you plug in an iPod, MP3, MP4 or CD player. JC Penney's iFlop pillow is 21 inches by 15 inches...
Cuddle up to tunes
These critters turn into stereo speakers when you plug in an iPod, MP3, MP4 or CD player. JC Penney’s iFlop pillow is 21 inches by 15 inches. No batteries required. $34.99. www.jcp.com or 877-346-3527 for store locations.
A touch on the head turns the Spoka Night Light off and on. The light comes in red, blue and green versions. $12.99. Ikea, 601 S.W. 41st St., Renton. 800-570-4532. Check availability at www.ikea.com.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
The Doggy Pencil Sharpener wags its ears when you turn the tail to sharpen a pencil. Available in pink and blue. At just 2 ½ inches high, this pup can be slipped into nearly any Christmas stocking. $1.99. The Container Store, 700 Bellevue Way N.E., Suite 120, Bellevue. 425-453-7120.
Kitchen duty may seem like less of a chore with Boston Warehouse’s Animal House collection. The head of Octopus Dish Scrubber can be filled with soap that squirts out when you need it. The Starfish Grippers double as jar-openers and potholders. $6.50 for the octopus. $10.95 for the starfish. Mrs. Cook’s, 2685 N.E. Village Lane (University Village), Seattle. 206-525-5008.
Compiled by Judy Averill, digs editor. Photo of scrubber and potholders by Thomas James Hurst / The Seattle Times. Other photos courtesy of The Container Store, Ikea and JC Penney. Please contact your preferred retailer to ensure that items are still available.