WALESKA, Ga. — A Georgia-based dog-food company has expanded a recall involving its teriyaki dog treats because of salmonella concerns.
Officials from Bailey’s Choice say a recall of the company’s Teriyaki Chicken Treats has expanded to include Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Delaware and Tennessee.
The company first issued a recall of several varieties of chicken treats last week after the Georgia Department of Agriculture found salmonella in the products during routine testing.
In a statement Tuesday, company spokesman Roger Thomas said Bailey’s Choice is working with the state Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration to remove the pet treats from stores.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV
Most Read Stories
Thomas says the company has repaired a digital thermostat that caused malfunction of a dehydrator used to maintain proper temperatures.