Trim excess fat from turkey. Line a small roasting pan with aluminum foil and fit with a rack. Place the turkey on the rack. Stir together chicken broth, lemon juice, oil...
– 1 (4-pound) boneless turkey breast
– 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
– 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon safflower oil
– 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Trim excess fat from turkey. Line a small roasting pan with aluminum foil and fit with a rack. Place the turkey on the rack.
2. Stir together chicken broth, lemon juice, oil and tarragon. Brush turkey with the basting liquid and sprinkle with salt and lots of black pepper. Roast in a preheated 325-degree oven for 2 hours, or until the turkey is done and the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. Brush with the baste every 20 minutes. Discard any unused baste.
Most Read Stories
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Investigators’ task to find out why U.S. destroyer failed to dodge cargo ship
- Police investigate officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Mike Hopkins beats out former team to secure Hameir Wright for UW men's basketball
- Kent police fatally shoot man after car chase
3. Let turkey rest 15 minutes before carving.