Combine milk with lemon peel, green onions, ginger, 1 teaspoon cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes and turmeric. Cut halibut into serving pieces and place in an 8- or-9-inch glass...
– 1 cup low-fat coconut milk
– Grated peel of 1 large lemon
– 2 medium green onions, coarsely chopped
– 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
– 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro, divided
– 1 medium clove garlic, peeled and minced
– ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
– ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1 1/3 pounds halibut fillet
– Parchment paper
– 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
– 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Combine milk with lemon peel, green onions, ginger, 1 teaspoon cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes and turmeric. Cut halibut into serving pieces and place in an 8- or-9-inch glass pan; pour coconut milk marinade over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours; do not marinate longer as the fish will become too soft.
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Live updates: Women's marches in Seattle, D.C. on day after President Trump inauguration WATCH
- Man shot during protests of Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' speech at UW; suspect arrested WATCH
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH
2. Line a bamboo steamer with parchment paper and poke holes in paper. Combine lime juice and fish sauce. Remove halibut from marinade do not scrape off marinade and place in steamer set over boiling water. (Discard excess marinade.) Or set a rack over the water, place fish on a plate and set on rack not touching the water. Spoon half of lime juice mixture over fish and sprinkle with salt. Baste fish with remaining lime juice mixture during cooking time.
3. Cover the steamer and steam 12 minutes per inch of thickness. Check for doneness. Keep water at a high boil during cooking time.
4. Remove halibut from steamer and sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.