Place a large pasta bowl in a warm oven. Bring 4 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in an 8-quart pot. Peel and devein the shrimp. Refrigerate until ready...
– ½ pound medium shrimp
– 1-½ tablespoons olive oil
– 1 cup chopped onion
– 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and minced
– ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– 1 cup fish bouillon or stock, or clam juice
– 8 ounces dried linguine pasta
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
- Boeing’s budget ax falls on popular gym for employees
– 1/3 cup pasta cooking water
– 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
– ¼ cup snipped fresh basil
– 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
– 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place a large pasta bowl in a warm oven. Bring 4 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in an 8-quart pot. Peel and devein the shrimp. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
2. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
3. Push onions to the side of the pan and add shrimp and crushed pepper flakes. Sauté a couple of minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Transfer shrimp and onions to a plate. Add fish bouillon to the pan and cook at a low boil 2 minutes.
4. Add pasta to boiling water and bring back to a full, rolling boil. Stir well. Cook according to package directions, using the shortest cooking time. Taste and continue cooking until pasta is tender but still has a subtle bite. Remove 1/3 cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
5. Add shrimp mixture back into the reduced fish broth to warm. Pour drained pasta into warm bowl; add shrimp sauce, parsley, basil and salt. Stir a minute, so the linguine absorbs some of the liquid. Add pasta cooking liquid as needed.
6. Top each serving with a spoonful of grated cheese.
Data per serving
Saturated fat 1.94g
Monounsaturated fat 4.44g
Polyunsaturated fat 1.13g