To marinate chicken: Stir together pomegranate molasses, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Remove skin and trim bones from the side of each breast. Place chicken...
– 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
Most Read Stories
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Trade analysis: Mariners deal a top prospect in Tyler O'Neill but leave their biggest hole unfilled
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– Grated zest of 1 lemon
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 4 chicken breast halves on the bone, skin removed
– Tabbouleh (recipe follows)
– Pomegranate dressing:
– 1 medium clove garlic, peeled and very finely minced
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 4 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped mint
1. To marinate chicken: Stir together pomegranate molasses, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Remove skin and trim bones from the side of each breast. Place chicken in a glass baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken, cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
2. Prepare tabbouleh and refrigerate. It should be served very cold.
3. To prepare pomegranate dressing: Combine garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, honey and pomegranate molasses in a bowl, whisking well. Whisk in olive oil slowly, blending well. Stir in mint. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a 10-to-12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade. When the pan is hot, place chicken skin-side down and brown well. Transfer to a rack set in a roasting pan. Spoon some of marinade over the top and roast about 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken tests done in the thickest part. (Discard unused marinade.)
5. Transfer chicken to plates and spoon tabbouleh to the side. Drizzle both with pomegranate dressing and serve.
Adapted from “Diva Cooking: Unashamedly Glamorous Party Food” by Victoria Blashford-Snell and Jennifer Joyce