This week's quick recipe.
– 2 cups dry penne pasta
– 2 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
– 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
– About ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
– Freshly ground black pepper to taste
– 1 cup (about 1/3 pound) ½-inch cubed fresh mozzarella
– ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra leaves for garnish
Most Read Stories
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- UW cornerback Byron Murphy expected to miss 6 weeks with a broken foot
- Boeing seeks quick legal fix to stop Bombardier
- Seattle’s real Spider Man sets us straight: They’re not out to get you VIEW
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, place tomatoes and oil in a large bowl and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When pasta is finished cooking, strain and add to tomatoes while still hot. Add cheese and basil, toss gently. Taste and season to taste.
4. To serve, divide pasta among individual plates and garnish with basil leaves.
Data per serving
Saturated fat 5.35g
Monounsaturated fat 13.91g
Polyunsaturated fat 2.04g
From “Pike Place Market Cookbook” by Braiden Rex-Johnson.