This week's quick recipe.
– 2 cups dry penne pasta
– 2 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
– 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
– About ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
– Freshly ground black pepper to taste
– 1 cup (about 1/3 pound) ½-inch cubed fresh mozzarella
– ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra leaves for garnish
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, place tomatoes and oil in a large bowl and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When pasta is finished cooking, strain and add to tomatoes while still hot. Add cheese and basil, toss gently. Taste and season to taste.
4. To serve, divide pasta among individual plates and garnish with basil leaves.
Data per serving
Saturated fat 5.35g
Monounsaturated fat 13.91g
Polyunsaturated fat 2.04g
From “Pike Place Market Cookbook” by Braiden Rex-Johnson.