This week's quick recipe.
– 2 cups dry penne pasta
– 2 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
– 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
– About ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
– Freshly ground black pepper to taste
– 1 cup (about 1/3 pound) ½-inch cubed fresh mozzarella
– ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra leaves for garnish
Most Read Stories
- Seattle judge won’t immediately release ‘Dreamer’ from detention center
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- Sticker shock as much higher car-tab bills land in mailboxes
- Either invite us or not already | Dear Carolyn
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, place tomatoes and oil in a large bowl and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When pasta is finished cooking, strain and add to tomatoes while still hot. Add cheese and basil, toss gently. Taste and season to taste.
4. To serve, divide pasta among individual plates and garnish with basil leaves.
Data per serving
Saturated fat 5.35g
Monounsaturated fat 13.91g
Polyunsaturated fat 2.04g
From “Pike Place Market Cookbook” by Braiden Rex-Johnson.