This week's quick recipe.
– 2 cups dry penne pasta
– 2 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
– 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
– About ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
– Freshly ground black pepper to taste
– 1 cup (about 1/3 pound) ½-inch cubed fresh mozzarella
– ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra leaves for garnish
Most Read Stories
- Garfield teacher pepper-sprayed by Seattle police to receive $100,000 settlement WATCH
- Backing out of wedding means owning decision | Dear Carolyn
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Tesla’s Model X misses out on nation’s SUV hunger
- Singer John Legend donates $5K to help cover Seattle’s school-lunch debt
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, place tomatoes and oil in a large bowl and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When pasta is finished cooking, strain and add to tomatoes while still hot. Add cheese and basil, toss gently. Taste and season to taste.
4. To serve, divide pasta among individual plates and garnish with basil leaves.
Data per serving
Saturated fat 5.35g
Monounsaturated fat 13.91g
Polyunsaturated fat 2.04g
From “Pike Place Market Cookbook” by Braiden Rex-Johnson.