Pasta & Co Cranberry Sauce with Sour Cherries and Rum Makes 3½ cups 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over ¾ cup dry sour cherries 1/3 cup...
Makes 3½ cups
– 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over
– ¾ cup dry sour cherries
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 2/3 cup currant jelly
– 2/3 cup water
– ¼ cup dark rum
Most Read Stories
- Amazon unveils smart convenience store sans checkouts, cashiers WATCH
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- What national media are saying about UW Huskies in College Football Playoff, matchup with Alabama
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy
- Trump says Boeing contract for Air Force One should be canceled
1. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sour cherries, sugar, jelly and water. Over low heat, bring to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until cranberries begin to pop.
2. Remove sauce from heat. Stir in rum. Refrigerate overnight to thicken sauce. Return to room temperature to serve.
Note: The cooked cranberries should be tender, but not mushy. You may cook the sauce to your taste, from firm, whole cranberries to softer ones that give off more pectin and make a thicker sauce.
From Pasta & Co