Pasta & Co Cranberry Sauce with Sour Cherries and Rum Makes 3½ cups 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over ¾ cup dry sour cherries 1/3 cup...
Makes 3½ cups
– 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over
– ¾ cup dry sour cherries
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 2/3 cup currant jelly
– 2/3 cup water
– ¼ cup dark rum
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Man struck, killed by Link light-rail train in Rainier Valley
- Will Seahawks keep Luke Willson? That's among questions facing tight end position in offseason
1. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sour cherries, sugar, jelly and water. Over low heat, bring to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until cranberries begin to pop.
2. Remove sauce from heat. Stir in rum. Refrigerate overnight to thicken sauce. Return to room temperature to serve.
Note: The cooked cranberries should be tender, but not mushy. You may cook the sauce to your taste, from firm, whole cranberries to softer ones that give off more pectin and make a thicker sauce.
From Pasta & Co