Pasta & Co Cranberry Sauce with Sour Cherries and Rum Makes 3½ cups 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over ¾ cup dry sour cherries 1/3 cup...
Makes 3½ cups
– 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over
– ¾ cup dry sour cherries
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 2/3 cup currant jelly
– 2/3 cup water
– ¼ cup dark rum
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
1. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sour cherries, sugar, jelly and water. Over low heat, bring to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until cranberries begin to pop.
2. Remove sauce from heat. Stir in rum. Refrigerate overnight to thicken sauce. Return to room temperature to serve.
Note: The cooked cranberries should be tender, but not mushy. You may cook the sauce to your taste, from firm, whole cranberries to softer ones that give off more pectin and make a thicker sauce.
From Pasta & Co