Pasta & Co Cranberry Sauce with Sour Cherries and Rum Makes 3½ cups 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over ¾ cup dry sour cherries 1/3 cup...
Makes 3½ cups
– 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over
– ¾ cup dry sour cherries
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 2/3 cup currant jelly
– 2/3 cup water
– ¼ cup dark rum
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Despite 'good visit' with Colin Kaepernick, Seahawks may not be done in search for backup QB
- This Seattle bar just made Esquire’s ‘24 Best Bars in America'
1. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sour cherries, sugar, jelly and water. Over low heat, bring to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until cranberries begin to pop.
2. Remove sauce from heat. Stir in rum. Refrigerate overnight to thicken sauce. Return to room temperature to serve.
Note: The cooked cranberries should be tender, but not mushy. You may cook the sauce to your taste, from firm, whole cranberries to softer ones that give off more pectin and make a thicker sauce.
From Pasta & Co