Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt...
– 1 pound tiny balls fresh mozzarella
– 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
– Cocktail picks
1. Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt and pepper; the marinade does not need to be completely mixed.
Most Read Stories
- Jay Inslee for president? Governor’s profile is on the rise
- Swedish CEO resigns in wake of Seattle Times investigation
- Seattle home too toxic to enter sparked a bidding frenzy — now we know why VIEW
- Seattle cop accused of doing drugs with strip-club dancer, slipping names of crime victims to Q13 anchor
- Mayor Ed Murray proposes $55 million a year property-tax levy to fight homelessness VIEW
2. In a bowl, combine the mozzarella, marinade and basil. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight. Stir occasionally. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Place a small bowl of cocktail picks on the side.