Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt...
– 1 pound tiny balls fresh mozzarella
– 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
– Cocktail picks
1. Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt and pepper; the marinade does not need to be completely mixed.
Most Read Stories
- Slain Tacoma police officer sacrificed himself to save partner, shooter’s wife, witness says VIEW
- Snow is on way to Western Washington lowlands, weather service says
- Why longtime Washingtonians are leaving the Seattle area
- 3 new homeless-encampment sites announced by Seattle Mayor Ed Murray
- Washington state electors join movement seeking to deny Trump the presidency
2. In a bowl, combine the mozzarella, marinade and basil. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight. Stir occasionally. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Place a small bowl of cocktail picks on the side.