Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt...
– 1 pound tiny balls fresh mozzarella
– 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
– Cocktail picks
1. Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt and pepper; the marinade does not need to be completely mixed.
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Live updates: Women's marches in Seattle, D.C. on day after President Trump inauguration WATCH
- Man shot during protests of Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' speech at UW; suspect arrested WATCH
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH
2. In a bowl, combine the mozzarella, marinade and basil. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight. Stir occasionally. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Place a small bowl of cocktail picks on the side.