Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt...
– 1 pound tiny balls fresh mozzarella
– 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
– Cocktail picks
1. Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt and pepper; the marinade does not need to be completely mixed.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
2. In a bowl, combine the mozzarella, marinade and basil. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight. Stir occasionally. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Place a small bowl of cocktail picks on the side.