Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt...
– 1 pound tiny balls fresh mozzarella
– 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
– Cocktail picks
1. Drain the mozzarella in a colander. Spread on a paper towel-lined plate and drain for about 5 minutes. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt and pepper; the marinade does not need to be completely mixed.
Most Read Stories
- Foreign buyers drop off as Seattle housing market hits hottest tempo since 2006 bubble
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- ‘A painful and frustrating experience’: Horizon Air scheduling havoc will continue into the fall
- 3 teens killed in Alderwood Mall Parkway crash from Mill Creek high school
- Woman, 71, lost in Olympics with dog, built shelter, ate ants
2. In a bowl, combine the mozzarella, marinade and basil. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight. Stir occasionally. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Place a small bowl of cocktail picks on the side.