Peel and cook potatoes, then drain well. Put through a ricer or mash the potatoes to make 5 cups. Add butter, sour cream, sugar and salt. Cool...
Makes about 6 to 10 lefse
– 8 medium white potatoes
– ¾ cup butter
– ½ cup sour cream
– ¼ cup sugar
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1½ cups all-purpose flour
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
- Wealthy wife of Treasury secretary gets snarky on Instagram
1. Peel and cook potatoes, then drain well. Put through a ricer or mash the potatoes to make 5 cups. Add butter, sour cream, sugar and salt. Cool completely.
2. Add flour to the potatoes and mix as for a pie crust. Take a small ball of dough and roll out on floured surface until it’s about 10 inches in diameter. On an ungreased griddle, bake on each side, turning when bubbly and beginning to brown.
3. Remove lefse from griddle and place between cloths on a wire cake rack to cool. Once cool, pack in plastic bags to either store or freeze.
From Inga Hammer.