Peel and cook potatoes, then drain well. Put through a ricer or mash the potatoes to make 5 cups. Add butter, sour cream, sugar and salt. Cool...
Makes about 6 to 10 lefse
– 8 medium white potatoes
– ¾ cup butter
– ½ cup sour cream
– ¼ cup sugar
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1½ cups all-purpose flour
Most Read Stories
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the second and third rounds
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- Woman stabbed to death in Ballard
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
1. Peel and cook potatoes, then drain well. Put through a ricer or mash the potatoes to make 5 cups. Add butter, sour cream, sugar and salt. Cool completely.
2. Add flour to the potatoes and mix as for a pie crust. Take a small ball of dough and roll out on floured surface until it’s about 10 inches in diameter. On an ungreased griddle, bake on each side, turning when bubbly and beginning to brown.
3. Remove lefse from griddle and place between cloths on a wire cake rack to cool. Once cool, pack in plastic bags to either store or freeze.
From Inga Hammer.