Peel and cook potatoes, then drain well. Put through a ricer or mash the potatoes to make 5 cups. Add butter, sour cream, sugar and salt. Cool...
Makes about 6 to 10 lefse
– 8 medium white potatoes
– ¾ cup butter
– ½ cup sour cream
– ¼ cup sugar
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1½ cups all-purpose flour
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police release statements from officers who killed Charleena Lyles
- Mariners, nearly at full strength, show they can play, and beat, the best
- Wet, snowy winter creates life-threatening hazards for Pacific Crest Trail hikers
1. Peel and cook potatoes, then drain well. Put through a ricer or mash the potatoes to make 5 cups. Add butter, sour cream, sugar and salt. Cool completely.
2. Add flour to the potatoes and mix as for a pie crust. Take a small ball of dough and roll out on floured surface until it’s about 10 inches in diameter. On an ungreased griddle, bake on each side, turning when bubbly and beginning to brown.
3. Remove lefse from griddle and place between cloths on a wire cake rack to cool. Once cool, pack in plastic bags to either store or freeze.
From Inga Hammer.