One day in advance, prepare Marmalade Mess Marinade: Mix together marmalade, ginger, garlic, mustard, brown sugar and black pepper. Cover...
Most Read Stories
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy
- Amazon unveils smart convenience store sans checkouts, cashiers WATCH
Serves 12 to 15
Marmalade Mess Marinade:
– ½ cup orange marmalade
– ¼ cup fresh ginger, peeled and grated
– 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
– 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
– ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
– ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– Aluminum foil
– 7-pound fully cooked spiral-cut ham with bone
– 15 whole cloves
– Mustard and Parsley Sauce (recipe follows)
1. One day in advance, prepare Marmalade Mess Marinade: Mix together marmalade, ginger, garlic, mustard, brown sugar and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
2. One hour before baking ham: Remove ham from refrigerator. Line baking pan with aluminum foil and place ham in pan. Spread the marmalade mixture over the top of the ham and between the slices. Stud top with whole cloves. Cover pan loosely with foil.
3. Put ham into a preheated 375-degree oven and bake 40 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Spoon pan juices over ham, cover and bake another 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 10 minutes or until ham is warmed through. Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
4. Arrange ham on a platter and serve with a bowl of the Mustard and Parsley Sauce on the side.