In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes...
– 1 package (12 ounces) cranberries
– 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
-1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
– 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 5 tablespoons maple syrup
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
– ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes, until the chutney has thickened somewhat.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in the fresh thyme and walnuts. Transfer to a bowl, cool, cover and refrigerate.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Seattle police release statements from officers who killed Charleena Lyles
Adapted from “A Feast of Fruits” by Elizabeth Riley.