In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes...
– 1 package (12 ounces) cranberries
– 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
-1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
– 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 5 tablespoons maple syrup
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
– ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes, until the chutney has thickened somewhat.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in the fresh thyme and walnuts. Transfer to a bowl, cool, cover and refrigerate.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
Adapted from “A Feast of Fruits” by Elizabeth Riley.