In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes...
– 1 package (12 ounces) cranberries
– 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
-1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
– 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 5 tablespoons maple syrup
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
– ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes, until the chutney has thickened somewhat.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in the fresh thyme and walnuts. Transfer to a bowl, cool, cover and refrigerate.
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
Adapted from “A Feast of Fruits” by Elizabeth Riley.