In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes...
– 1 package (12 ounces) cranberries
– 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
-1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
– 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 5 tablespoons maple syrup
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
– ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes, until the chutney has thickened somewhat.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in the fresh thyme and walnuts. Transfer to a bowl, cool, cover and refrigerate.
Most Read Stories
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together | Op-Ed
- Homeless students drawn to Seattle schools by sports are often cast aside when the season’s over
Adapted from “A Feast of Fruits” by Elizabeth Riley.