In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes...
– 1 package (12 ounces) cranberries
– 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
-1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
– 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 5 tablespoons maple syrup
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
– ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, mustard seeds, shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes, until the chutney has thickened somewhat.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in the fresh thyme and walnuts. Transfer to a bowl, cool, cover and refrigerate.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- Christopher Monfort, killer of Seattle police officer, found dead in prison cell
- Why are home prices so high? Seattle has 2nd-lowest rate of homes for sale in U.S.
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW
- UW star quarterback Jake Browning has surgery on throwing shoulder
Adapted from “A Feast of Fruits” by Elizabeth Riley.