A cocktail from Capitol Hill was named one of the best in the country. Here's how to make it.
An aromatic pisco drink, Foreign National has hints of rose petal, orange zest and black tea leaves. It’s fruity but not sweet, more tart. The recipe is below, though unless you plan to make a big batch for your cocktail party, it’s easier just to order it at the Capitol Hill bar. It’s also a good excuse to check out the bar that the Seattle Times considers to be the best new cocktail bar in 2016.
(As a side note, Foreign National also makes a great Singapore Sling. Recipe here.)
The Foreign National cocktail
By bar manager Adam Fortuna
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks, Titans only teams to both not take the field during day of anthem protests across NFL WATCH
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
1 1/2 ounces Pisco
1/4 ounce Amaro Montenegro
1 ounce orange juice (organic Valencia OJ, acidified with citric and malic acid to bring the pH to that of a lime, then with bergamot and neroli food grade essential oils added)
1/2 ounce honey syrup (2:1 ratio of honey to water)
Directions: Shake hard and double strain into a glass.