Whether you're hosting a Halloween party, bringing a dish or treat to share or helping with a school bash, these spooky treats are fun for parents and children to make together...
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party, bringing a dish or treat to share or helping with a school bash, these spooky treats are fun for parents and children to make together.
– One round or oblong sandwich bun (sliced in half)
-One slice of meat, such as salami, turkey or ham
– One slice of cheese
– 1 teaspoon each mayonnaise and mustard (or to taste)
– 1 tablespoon cream cheese
– Sliced vegetables such as pickles, cucumbers, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, carrots, olives, radishes, red or green bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, chives, celery, green beans or broccoli or cauliflower florets
1. Assemble sandwich ingredients. Slice sandwich bun and prepare vegetables.
2. Put together the sandwich, using the vegetables to make monster faces. Attach decorations with cream cheese. A few ideas: Use a tomato slice, slice of salami or strip of red pepper for a tongue. Teeth can be made with a cucumber or red pepper or with rows of cocktail onions or olives. Use long pieces of onion as bug or spider legs. Make ears from carrots, beans, pepper slices or sliced celery stalks. Tufts of alfalfa sprouts or a row of green beans can be used for hair. For eyes, consider cucumber slices with olive or radish pupils, or cherry tomatoes. Red pepper slices make excellent eyebrows or antennae.
From “Halloween Recipes and Crafts.”