In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, yellow and green peppers, cucumber, green onions and parsley. Cover and set aside in refrigerator...
12 servings as topping; 8 to 10 side-dish servings
– 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
– 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
– 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
– 1 large cucumber, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
– 2 green onions, thinly sliced
– ¼ cup minced Italian parsley
– 1 roasted and skinned red bell pepper
– 1 medium clove garlic, peeled and chopped
– 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
– 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Most Read Stories
- Arrest of black teen in Wallingford sets off social-media storm
- Huskies not only should be in playoffs, they should be in Fiesta Bowl
- An earthquake worse than the 'Big One'? Shattered New Zealand city shows danger of Seattle's fault | Seismic Neglect WATCH
- What the national media are saying about the Huskies' Pac-12 title, playoff chances: 'Washington is back'
- Snow is on way to Western Washington lowlands, weather service says
1.To prepare salad: In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, yellow and green peppers, cucumber, green onions and parsley. Cover and set aside in refrigerator.
2. To prepare dressing: In a food processor, purée red bell pepper and garlic. Add vinegar, processing to blend. Slowly add olive oil, blending well. Add salt and pepper. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. One hour before serving, stir dressing into the salad. Serve chilled.