In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, yellow and green peppers, cucumber, green onions and parsley. Cover and set aside in refrigerator...
12 servings as topping; 8 to 10 side-dish servings
– 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
– 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
– 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
– 1 large cucumber, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
– 2 green onions, thinly sliced
– ¼ cup minced Italian parsley
– 1 roasted and skinned red bell pepper
– 1 medium clove garlic, peeled and chopped
– 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
– 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Most Read Stories
- Student’s pregnancy tests a Christian school’s values
- Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Startling video shows sea lion snatching girl from pier in Richmond, B.C. WATCH
1.To prepare salad: In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, yellow and green peppers, cucumber, green onions and parsley. Cover and set aside in refrigerator.
2. To prepare dressing: In a food processor, purée red bell pepper and garlic. Add vinegar, processing to blend. Slowly add olive oil, blending well. Add salt and pepper. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. One hour before serving, stir dressing into the salad. Serve chilled.