Bite-size nibblers complement holiday bubbly and jumpstart a New Year's Eve party.
Bite-size nibblers complement holiday bubbly and jumpstart a New Year’s Eve party.
Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Tamari Glaze
About 30 pieces
– 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari sauce or soy sauce
– 3 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– Pinch cayenne pepper
– 15 large scallops
– 30 small sprigs fresh rosemary
– 1 heaping tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
– Freshly ground black pepper
– ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
– 15 slices maple-smoked bacon
1. To prepare glaze: In a small saucepan, combine tamari or soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice and cayenne. Bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly and cook at a low boil 4 minutes or until reduced by about half. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To prepare scallops: Cut each scallop in half vertically. Strip the bottom leaves from the rosemary sprigs and measure 1 tablespoon; chop coarsely. Refrigerate the sprigs. Sprinkle scallops with the chopped rosemary, pepper and salt. Cut each slice of bacon in half crosswise and wrap a piece around each scallop. Place on a plate, seam side down. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook.
3. Remove glaze and scallops from refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking. Place scallops on a broiling pan and broil 5 inches from heat source for 5 minutes. Rotate pan and continue broiling about 3 to 4 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through and crisping around the edges. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Brush with glaze and insert a small sprig of rosemary into each. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately.
Data per piece:
Saturated fat 0.56g
Monounsaturated fat 0.74g
Polyunsaturated fat 0.20g
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
From “Skewer It” by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford.