TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida bakery claims faulty cake pans created a dessert disaster and has taken the pan-maker to court.
Alessi Bakeries of Tampa says a new, undisclosed component in pans the bakery bought caused the pans to warp, ruining $120,000 of their Tres Leches cakes.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/2t1HDyn) reports Alessi paid $5,000 for about 35,000 pans from US Foods Inc. Once the cakes were baked, the pans wouldn’t support the weight of the cakes and became deformed.
Tres Leches is a sponge cake soaked with a mixture of three milks: evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Russell Wilson shines in Seahawks’ win over Vikings, but George Fant’s injury is a concern
Alessi is seeking damages for the ruined cakes, as well as the cost of the pans.
Reached Tuesday, US Foods said it doesn’t comment on pending litigation.