TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida bakery claims faulty cake pans created a dessert disaster and has taken the pan-maker to court.
Alessi Bakeries of Tampa says a new, undisclosed component in pans the bakery bought caused the pans to warp, ruining $120,000 of their Tres Leches cakes.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/2t1HDyn) reports Alessi paid $5,000 for about 35,000 pans from US Foods Inc. Once the cakes were baked, the pans wouldn’t support the weight of the cakes and became deformed.
Tres Leches is a sponge cake soaked with a mixture of three milks: evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- Social-media speculation after Charleena Lyles shooting — and one thing people got wrong
Alessi is seeking damages for the ruined cakes, as well as the cost of the pans.
Reached Tuesday, US Foods said it doesn’t comment on pending litigation.