LAKEWOOD, Wash. — Six police dogs in Washington have been equipped with protective vests thanks to donations through a Massachusetts organization.
The Lakewood Police Department has new vests for Koda and Ranger. The department says other vests were donated for two dogs with the Kent department and two dogs with the Okanogan County sheriff’s office.
The vests come from the Vested Interest in K9s charity based in East Taunton, Mass.
In November a Kent K9 named Kato was stabbed while tracking a suspect and survived after surgery. A police dog named Mick was killed last month in Portland in a shooting in which an officer was wounded.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs