Mars Petcare announced Wednesday that it is recalling 22 bags of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food because they may contain small metal fragments. The 15-pound bags were sold in Dollar General stores in four states — Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Louisiana.
The company said that although the metal fragments were not embedded in the food itself, they could create a risk of injury if consumed.
Each product had the lot code 432C1KKM03 printed on the back of the bag near the UPC and a Best Before date of 8/5/15.
The company said no other Pedigree products were affected. Consumers may contact Mars Petcare at 800-305-5206 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Seahawks’ third exhibition game may be a dress rehearsal, but it does have significance