Mars Petcare announced Wednesday that it is recalling 22 bags of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food because they may contain small metal fragments. The 15-pound bags were sold in Dollar General stores in four states — Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Louisiana.
The company said that although the metal fragments were not embedded in the food itself, they could create a risk of injury if consumed.
Each product had the lot code 432C1KKM03 printed on the back of the bag near the UPC and a Best Before date of 8/5/15.
The company said no other Pedigree products were affected. Consumers may contact Mars Petcare at 800-305-5206 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers