Mars Petcare announced Wednesday that it is recalling 22 bags of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food because they may contain small metal fragments. The 15-pound bags were sold in Dollar General stores in four states — Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Louisiana.
The company said that although the metal fragments were not embedded in the food itself, they could create a risk of injury if consumed.
Each product had the lot code 432C1KKM03 printed on the back of the bag near the UPC and a Best Before date of 8/5/15.
The company said no other Pedigree products were affected. Consumers may contact Mars Petcare at 800-305-5206 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- $3.7 million in 3 months: I-405 tolls rake in more than 3 times expected income