Mars Petcare announced Wednesday that it is recalling 22 bags of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food because they may contain small metal fragments. The 15-pound bags were sold in Dollar General stores in four states — Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Louisiana.
The company said that although the metal fragments were not embedded in the food itself, they could create a risk of injury if consumed.
Each product had the lot code 432C1KKM03 printed on the back of the bag near the UPC and a Best Before date of 8/5/15.
The company said no other Pedigree products were affected. Consumers may contact Mars Petcare at 800-305-5206 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...