Mars Petcare announced Wednesday that it is recalling 22 bags of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food because they may contain small metal fragments. The 15-pound bags were sold in Dollar General stores in four states — Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Louisiana.
The company said that although the metal fragments were not embedded in the food itself, they could create a risk of injury if consumed.
Each product had the lot code 432C1KKM03 printed on the back of the bag near the UPC and a Best Before date of 8/5/15.
The company said no other Pedigree products were affected. Consumers may contact Mars Petcare at 800-305-5206 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected